This is a cracking recipe we would love you guys to try; our Asian Marinated Salmon with Grilled Pineapple!
We are big fans of varying our protein intake as and when we can, so here are a few more fish-based recipes for you to try:
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 salmon fillets (approx. 140g each)
- 4 pineapple slices
- 4 tbsp. soya sauce
- 2 tbsp. honey
- ½ tsp fresh ginger (grated)
- 250g baby spinach
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- Pinch of salt and pepper (to taste)
- 150g wild rice (uncooked weight)
1) In a small bowl combine pineapple juice from the tin, honey, soya sauce and ginger.
2) Place salmon in a sealable bag or container and pour over fish. Reirrigate for at least 1 hour (preferably overnight).
3) Cook rice accordingly the instruction on the packaging.
4) Place salmon onto hot grill or grill pan skin side down and cook for about 5 mins over medium heat. Flip salmon and cook for further 5 minutes.
5) Place pineapple slices onto the grill together with salmon fillets for last 2 minutes.
6) In a meantime place remaining marinade into a small saucepan and heat over a high heat for about 10 minutes or until the mixture thickened into a glaze.
7) In a very large pot or a casserole dish melt 1 tbsp butter over low heat and saute the garlic for about 1 minute. Add the spinach, the salt and pepper, toss it with the garlic and cook for 3 minutes or until all the spinach is wilted.
8) Serve with salmon topped with glaze and pineapple slices rice and spinach on a side.
Nutritional Info (per serving):
- Calories: 570
- Protein: 41g
- Carbs: 52g
- Fats: 20g
We hope you enjoy our Asian Marinated Salmon with Grilled Pineapple as much as we did, and remember to follow us and post your workouts, progress and meals on Instagram, and use the hashtags #LDNMuscle and #LDNM so we can see your lovely creations, repost some and spread the LDNM Community far and wide!