Try our delicious BBQ Ribs Recipe! This is perfect for entertaining, or when you fancy restaurant quality ribs without the restaurant price tag!
For more delicious meat-based recipes see the below:
- Olive oil
- 2 x 800g racks pork loin back ribs
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 150ml unsweetened apple juice
- 100ml white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 100ml of soy sauce
- 100g of soft brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC
- Drizzle a little oil over the ribs, season with sea salt and black pepper and rub all over to coat.
- Make the marinade:
- Deseed and finely chop the chilli, peel and grate the ginger and garlic then place them all in a medium pan along with the apple juice, white wine vinegar, tomato ketchup, mustard, soy sauce and brown sugar.
- Mix the ingredients together and place the pan over a medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves, then simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Put the ribs in a large roasting pan, brush with the marinade and cover with foil.
- Cook in the oven for 1 hour 15 minutes, or until the meat pulls away from the bone easily (Baste the ribs with the marinade after 30 minutes. After 1 hour of cooking time remove the foil, baste and cook, uncovered, for the final 15 minutes)
- Once your barbecue is hot, transfer the ribs to it. Cook over a medium-low heat for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer the ribs to a board and cut them up. Serve with handfuls of rocket and watercress, if you like.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 491
- Protein: 36g
- Carbs: 10g
- Fat: 33g
We hope you enjoy our BBQ Ribs Recipe as much as we did, and remember to follow us and post your workouts, progress and meals on Instagram, and use the hashtags #LDNMuscle and #LDNM so we can see your lovely creations, repost some and spread the LDNM Community far and wide!