If there is anything better than a piping hot bowl of soup, with some bread and butter for dipping, then we want to know about it! This Spiced Carrot and Orange Soup is absolutely scrumptious!
Ingredients (makes 2 servings):
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 6 carrots (chopped)
- 2 oranges (juiced)
- 2 tbsp. of fresh ginger (grated)
- 500ml vegetable stock (or water)
- 50ml double cream (optional)
- Pinch of salt (to taste)
(Pre-chop all vegetables)
- In a pot, sweat the onion in oil over medium heat for about 3-4 min. Add the carrots, orange juice, coarsely grated ginger and stock. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, cover and simmer until the carrots are tender, (about 25 min).
- Purée the soup in a blender or processor, then pour it back into the pot. Stir in the cream and just warm the soup a few minutes. Adjust the seasoning. Serve hot.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 220
- Protein: 3g
- Carbs: 36g
- Fats: 16g
Remember to post your feedback on social media, as we love to see you making use of our content!
Remember to follow us and post your workouts, progress and meals on Instagram, and use the hashtags #LDNMuscle and #LDNM so we can see your lovely creations, repost some and spread the LDNM Community far and wide!