This is a fantastic recipe that you absolutely have to try; our Chicken and Broccoli Pasta Bake! This rivals our delicious chicken and chorizo pasta bake, which is another fantastic family meal, or bulk recipe that can be had for dinner and a couple of days’ lunches too!
Check out some more of our recipes like our Chicken and broccoli Pasta Bake below, which are equally protein-packed, healthy and simple to prepare!
Chicken and Chorizo and Prawn Paella
Reggae Reggae Chicken Baguettes
Ingredients (makes 5 servings):
- 4 chicken breasts (cut into cubes)
- 200g penne pasta
- 250g broccoli (cut into florets)
- 250ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of plain flower
- 1 tbsp. of wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp. of dried basil
- 1 tbsp. of dried thyme
- 140g of mature grated cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Cook the pasta, adding the broccoli for the final 4-5 mins and cooking until tender. Drain well, then heat the grill.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and thyme, toss to coat
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and cook the chicken over a medium heat for 5 minutes and set aside.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan and stir in the flour. Cook for 1 min, then gradually add the milk, stirring well between each addition. Bring to the boil, stirring, then simmer for 2 mins, before stirring in the mustard, half the cheese and seasoning.
- Mix the chicken, pasta and broccoli into the sauce and spoon into an ovenproof dish. Scatter over the remaining cheese and place in the oven for 10 mins (180C) or until golden and bubbling.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 530
- Protein: 46g
- Carbs: 37g
- Fats: 22g
We hope you enjoy our Chicken and Broccoli Pasta Bake Recipe as much as we did, and remember to follow us and post your workouts, progress and meals on Instagram, and use the hashtags #LDNMuscle and #LDNM so we can see your lovely creations, repost some and spread the LDNM Community far and wide!