This is a delicious, satisfying and warming winter meal – our Chicken and Chorizo Pasta Bake.
This is perfect for a family meal, or even meal prep. Remember to tag us in your versions of our Chicken and Chorizo Pasta Bake on social media!
Ingredients (serves 6):
- 1 red pepper
- 400g dried penne pasta
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion (peeled and chopped)
- 100 g chorizo (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp. tomato puree
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 100g spinach
- 1 tsp dried thyme – or 3 stalks of fresh thyme
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 150g mozzarella
- 2 tbsp. finely grated parmesan cheese
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Heat a large pan of water for the pasta, and cook the penne as per the pack instructions.
- In a large frying pan/skillet, heat the oil and add in the onion and red pepper. Cook on a medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes until the vegetables start to soften. Add in the chorizo and chicken, and cook for a further 4-5 minutes. Now stir in the garlic, spinach and tomato puree, cook for 1 minute, then stir in the canned tomatoes, thyme, dried chilli flakes and sugar. Bring it to a gentle bubble and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain the pasta, once cooked, and pour the drained pasta into the arrabiata sauce. Stir together until the pasta is completely coated in the sauce. Stir in the mozzarella, heat for a further minute and then turn off the heat.
- Sprinkle with a little parmesan, freshly ground black pepper. Serve straight from the pan.
Nutritional Information (per Serving):
- Calories: 425
- Protein: 28g
- Carbs: 45g
- Fats: 15g
Remember to follow us and to post your workouts, progress and meals on Instagram, and use the hashtag #LDNM so that we can see your lovely creations, repost them, and spread the LDNM Community far and wide!
We at LDNM Muscle Ltd hope you enjoy the inspired and fun recipes featured on our website, https://https://ldnmuscle.com (the “Website”). LDNM Muscle Ltd is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe you try from the Website or any website linked to from this site. Recipes may not achieve desired results due to variations in elements such as ingredients, cooking temperatures, typos, errors, omissions, or individual cooking ability. You should always use your best judgement when cooking with raw ingredients such as eggs, chicken, or seafood and seek expert advice before beginning if you are unsure.
You should always take care when using sharp knives or other cooking implements. To ensure the safety of yourself and others, be aware of heated cooking surfaces while cooking. Please review all ingredients prior to trying a recipe in order to be fully aware of the presence of substances which might cause an adverse reaction in some consumers. Recipes available on the Website may not have been formally tested by us or for us and we do not provide any assurances nor accept any responsibility or liability with regard to their originality, quality, nutritional value, or safety. Unless otherwise stated, the recipes featured on the Website are not endorsed by any other companies/organization or their affiliates.