Sometimes you just need a delicious wrap for lunch or dinner – and luckily we aren’t part of the clean-eating-brigade who are petrified of bread – so we have delivered this amazing Chicken and Halloumi Wraps Recipe!
We have several other recipes featuring trusty tortilla wraps, so feel free to peruse those by clicking on any of the below meals that take your fancy!
- Chicken and Sweet Potato Quesadillas
- Vegetarian Burritos
- Tuna Wraps
- Oriental Prawn Lettuce Wraps
- Grilled Tortilla Wraps
- Chicken Wraps
Ingredients (makes 4 servings):
- 500g chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp. of vinaigrette dressing
- 4 tbsp. of hummus
- 2 handfuls of romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 2 medium tomatoes (chopped)
- 4 thick slices of halloumi (approx. 100g)
- 4 tortilla wraps
- 1 tsp. of oregano
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat a grilled over medium-high heat to 425 degrees. Pound chicken to an even thickness using the flat side of a meat mallet.
- Brush chicken breasts lightly with about 1 tbsp. of olive oil, and then season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the chicken; rotating once halfway through, and cooking for about 6 – 8 minutes on medium heat.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate, then cover with foil, and let it rest for 10 minutes. Then dice into cubes.
- In the meantime sprinkle both sides of the halloumi with the oregano, and then grill on both sides until golden.
- Transfer your chicken to a mixing bowl, and then pour the vinaigrette over chicken and toss to evenly coat.
- To assemble wraps spread about 3 tbsp. of hummus over each tortilla, top with chicken, lettuce, tomatoes and halloumi and then wrap your tortillas.
- Serve with fresh salad and more halloumi if you like (optional)
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 500
- Protein: 39g
- Carbs: 22g
- Fats: 27g
We hope you enjoy our Chicken and Halloumi Wraps Recipe as much as we did, and remember to follow us and post your workouts, progress and meals on Instagram, and use the hashtags #LDNMuscle and #LDNM so we can see your lovely creations, repost some and spread the LDNM Community far and wide!