Our Chicken, Bacon and Avocado Burgers Recipe is an absolute winner for dinner! High in protein, these are a great indulgent treat that isn’t full of rubbish like fast food chains, and ideal to have when bulking.
Ingredients (makes 4 burgers):
- 8 slices of lean bacon
- 450g 5% fat minced beef
- 1 tsp. of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. of Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- Salt & black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- 4 slices cheese (of your choice)
- 4 eggs
- 4 burger buns, toasted (for serving)
- Thinly sliced ripe tomato (for garnish)
- Thinly sliced red onion (for garnish)
- Thinly sliced gherkin (for garnish)
- Sliced ripe avocado (for garnish)
- Lettuce leaves (for garnish)
- Preheat a grill to medium-high.
- While the grill is heating up, cook the bacon on the stovetop in a large skillet over medium-low heat until it is just crisp, for 6 to 7 minutes. Transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels and set it aside to drain. (If you prefer to panfry the burgers, reserve 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat in the skillet.)
- Place the beef, Worcestershire, Tabasco, thyme, and salt and pepper in a bowl, and toss lightly with a fork to combine. Form the mixture into 4 patties, each about 3 inches in diameter and 1 inch thick.
- When you are ready to grill the burgers, oil the grill grate well. Add the burgers and grill for about 3 minutes for rare, 4-5 minutes for medium-rare meat. Turn them over and grill for another 3 or 4 minutes, topping the burgers with the cheese in the last minute of cooking. (Or panfry the burgers in the hot bacon fat over medium heat for 3 minutes per side for rare meat, adding the cheese as described.)
- Place the burgers on the toasted buns, and top them with the bacon, tomato, onion, avocado, and lettuce.
- Pan fry 4 eggs and lace them on top of burgers.
- Cover with the tops of the buns and serve immediately.
- Calories: 800
- Protein: 65g
- Carbs: 39g
- Fats: 49g
If you are looking to lower your kcal intake here, ensure you grill the burgers; and opting for low fat cheese and condiments, low sugar/salt ketchup and trimmed bacon will also reduce the calorie total per burger.
Remember to follow us and post your workouts, progress and meals on Instagram, and use the hashtags #LDNMuscle and #LDNM so we can see your lovely creations, repost some and spread the LDNM Community far and wide!