Try our absolutely smashing Chicken, Chorizo and Prawn Paella recipe for dinner this week. This recipe is also lower in calories, and far more simple than other options you’ll see; making it perfect for regular use in your diet!
We have loads more recipes that are perfect for dinner, food prep and entertaining too! Click on any of the titles below that tickle your fancy, and we promise you will not be disappointed:
Ingredients (serves 6):
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 6cm piece choriz (cut into small chunks)
- 150g paella rice
- 600ml hot chicken stock
- Pinch of saffron (or turmeric)
- ¼ teaspoon of hot smoked paprika
- 150g raw prawns
- 2 chicken breasts
- 100g green peas
- 75g roasted red peppers – from a jar (chopped)
- Handful of flat-leaf parsley (chopped)
- Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a large frying pan, then add the onion and sizzle until soft.
- Add the chorizo and fry for a 2 minutes until it starts to give off its oil.
- Add chicken breast and fry for a further 3 minutes, then tip in the rice and stir until all the grains are coated.
- Add the stock, saffron and paprika and stir. Turn down to a low simmer, cover and cook for 12-15 minutes, until the rice is almost tender.
- Stir in the prawns, peppers and another small ladleful of hot stock. Cook for another 3-4 minutes, or until the prawns are pink and cooked though. Stir in the parsley and serve
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 236
- Protein: 21g
- Carbs: 26g
- Fat: 5g
We hope you enjoy our Chicken, Chorizo and Prawn Paella recipe as much as we did, and remember to follow us and post your workouts, progress and meals on Instagram, and use the hashtags #LDNMuscle and #LDNM so we can see your lovely creations, repost some and spread the LDNM Community far and wide!