This meal is an old favourite of ours, but with a healthy twist; our Chicken Kiev with Baked Potatoes Recipe!
We have more lower calorie and higher protein healthy recipes for you to choose from on our blog too. Click on any of your old favourites below to check them out!
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 chicken breasts (butterflied and flattened)
- 100g mushrooms (chopped)
- 2 small shallots (or ½ onion)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 200g green beans
- 200d baby potatoes (halved)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. sweet paprika
- 2 tsp. butter
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over a medium heat, stir in the shallots and sauté a minute without browning. Then stir in the mushrooms and sauté gently for 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Place potatoes in a large pot half full with warm water. Bring it to boil and cook for 7 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Carefully lay the flattened chicken breast on a buttered surface (as they tend to stick to wood when they are thin). Season with salt, pepper and minced garlic.
- Place 1 heaped tbsp of mushrooms and shallots mix on each chicken breast.
- Carefully roll the breast closed and pin it shut with a toothpick if you prefer. This will keep the rolled breast in place throughout the baking process.
- Dip chicken breast into whisked egg and straight into the breadcrumbs and arrange it in greased oven safe dish.
- When you have finished with all your chicken breasts, sprinkle the olive oil over the Kiev’s and bake in the oven covered with aluminium foil for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, place green beans in a pot with boiling water and cook for approx. 6 minutes. Drain, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Remove the foil and place previously boiled potatoes in the oven dish together with your chicken. Sprinkle with sweet paprika and bake without a cover for further 15-20min.
- Serve with previously cooked green beans and season with fresh parsley if you like.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 318
- Protein: 33g
- Carbs: 23g
- Fats: 10g
We hope you enjoy our Chicken Kiev with Baked Potatoes Recipe as much as we did, and remember to follow us and post your workouts, progress and meals on Instagram, and use the hashtags #LDNMuscle and #LDNM so we can see your lovely creations, repost some and spread the LDNM Community far and wide!