These high protein Chilli Bean Tacos are great for vegetarians, entertaining and everyone in general!
Switch the cheese and tacos for vegan options and you’ve also got yourself a high protein vegan option too! Check out some more vegetarian and vegan-friendly meals below:
Ingredients (fills 12 taco shells):
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (finely diced)
- 200g portobello mushrooms (chopped)
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 2 green chillies (chopped)
- 100g tomato puree
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 400g kidney beans
- 400g chickpeas
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 12 ready-made taco shells (warmed)
- 150g mild cheddar cheese (grated)
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh coriander (optional)
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and chillies and cook for one minute.
- Add the tomato purée and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. When the mushrooms are soft, add stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, then add the beans and cook for a further 10-12 minutes, or until the sauce has reduced and the beans are all heated through.
- To serve, place 2-3 tablespoonful’s of the bean chilli in each taco shell. Top with the grated cheese, chopped coriander (if using) and put on plates.
Nutritional Information (per filled taco):
- Calories: 217
- Protein: 12g
- Carbs: 22g
- Fat: 7g
Remember to follow us and post your workouts, progress and meals on Instagram, and use the hashtags #LDNMuscle and #LDNM so we can see your lovely creations, repost some and spread the LDNM Community far and wide!