Curry night anyone? Forget the expensive, high calorie takeaways – whip up our delicious Healthy Chicken Korma Recipe today!
Check out some lower calorie takes on common favourite meals like our Healthy Chicken Korma Recipe below:
Ingredients (makes 4 servings):
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 40g butter
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 1 red chilli (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tsp. ginger (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- ¼ tsp. mild chilli powder
- 2 tbsp. mango chutney
- 300ml stock or broth
- 50ml double cream
- Fresh coriander leaves to garnish (optional)
- Basmati rice (cooked to pack instructions to serve)
- Cut each chicken breast into small chunks and season generously with freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a large frying pan and cook the chicken over a medium-high heat for 5-6 mins, turning occasionally.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate using a slotted spoon.
- Add the remaining oil, butter and onions to the pan and cook over a medium heat, stirring often, for 3 mins, or until the onions are soft and lightly browned. Stir in the ginger, garlic, red chilli and ground spices and cook, stirring continuously, for a further 1 min.
- Add the mango chutney and stock and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 mins, stirring regularly.
- Return the chicken to the pan with the onions, add the cream and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 mins. Add a splash of water to loosen the sauce if needed.
- Serve with freshly cooked rice.
Nutritional Information per Serving (without rice):
- Calories: 300
- Protein: 30g
- Carbs: 10g
- Fats: 15g
Remember to follow us and post your workouts, progress and meals on Instagram, and use the hashtags #LDNMuscle and #LDNM so we can see your lovely creations, repost some and spread the LDNM Community far and wide!