Try this HEALTHY CHICKEN SAAG WITH RICE RECIPE to impress your guests at your next curry night! Swap ready made unhealthy options for this lean winner to save money and calories!
For more healthy curry recipes, click on any of the meals below that take your fancy:
INGREDIENTS (serves 4):
- 150g basmati rice (dry weight)
- 500g boneless and skinless chicken thighs (or chicken breasts), cut into small chunks.
- 250g spinach (chopped)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tbsp. of butter
- 2 tsp. of dried fenugreek
- 1 tsp. of fresh ginger (minced)
- 1 tbsp. of cumin
- 1 tbsp. of garam masala
- ½ tsp. of turmeric
- 200ml of single cream
- Dollop of sour cream (1 tbsp)
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Cook basmati rice accordingly to the instruction on the packaging.
- Add spinach and fenugreek to boiling water and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain well and squeeze as much liquid as possible, before chopping the spinach finely.
- Add butter to a pan and sauté the chicken until lightly browned.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger and sauté with chicken on medium hear stirring until translucent.
- Add spinach, cumin, garam masala, turmeric, cayenne pepper, salt and cream. Cook uncovered for 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Add in the sour cream and mix well together. Bring to boil before removing from the heat.
- Serve with the rice.
NUTRITIONAL INFO (per serving):
- Calories: 477
- Protein: 47g
- Carbs: 47g
- Fats: 18g
We hope you enjoy our Healthy Chicken Saag with Rice Recipe as much as we did, and remember to follow us and post your workouts, progress and meals on Instagram, and use the hashtags #LDNMuscle and #LDNM so we can see your lovely creations, repost some and spread the LDNM Community far and wide!