These snacks are an absolute must have for any active person who loves a nibble; our Homemade Protein Truffles! This recipes is super easy, healthy and better value than store-bought protein snacks, which are often heavy on both the calories and sugar (before we consider the price tag!).
Check our more recipes like our Homemade Protein Truffles by clicking on any of the links below!
Ingredients (30 truffles):
- 50g of melted coconut oil
- 100g of peanut or almond butter (smooth)
- 100ml of unsweetened almond milk
- 5 scoops of vanilla (or cookie and cream) whey protein powder
- 4 squares of dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp. of ground hazelnuts
- Combine the coconut oil, peanut butter and milk in a medium bowl
- Add your protein powder and mix until well combined
- Shape the batter into 30 small and even balls (or truffles!)
- Melt the dark chocolate, and cover your truffles in melted chocolate, before sprinkling each evenly with the ground hazelnuts
- Freeze for 20 minutes or refrigerate for 60 minutes before serving!
Nutritional Information (per truffle):
- Calories: 43
- Protein: 3.5g
- Carbs: 1g
- Fats: 3g
We hope you enjoy our Homemade Protein Truffles recipe as much as we did, and remember to follow us and post your workouts, progress and meals on Instagram, and use the hashtags #LDNMuscle and #LDNM so we can see your lovely creations, repost some and spread the LDNM Community far and wide!