Italian food is a personal favourite of mine, and is there anything better than a simple and delicious Italian Meatballs Recipe?
This dish serves ‘four people’, but feel free to increase your portion size if you wish, or to keep the leftovers for food prep. Either way, you will adore this Italian Meatballs Recipe, which goes really well with pasta or vegetables pretending to be delicious spaghetti 😉
Ingredients (makes 4 servings):
- 500g ground beef
- 1 can of passata
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Parmesan (optional)
- 1 tbsp. oil
- Preheat oven to 175C.
- Combine ground beef, onion, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper in a bowl; mix well. Shape into 1.5 inch balls. Arrange meatballs in a skillet or baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until meatballs are browned, for about 20 minutes.
- Heat tomato sauce in a saucepan with more garlic and basil over medium heat.
- Add meatballs. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, until sauce and meatballs are evenly warmed, for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and sprinkle with parmesan (optional).
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 280
- Protein: 28g
- Carbs: 8g
- Fat: 15g
Remember to follow us and post your workouts, progress and meals on Instagram, and use the hashtags #LDNMuscle and #LDNM so we can see your lovely creations, repost some and spread the LDNM Community far and wide!