It’s barbecue season, so we have created this absolutely delicious Jerk Chicken Recipe to make you the hostess with the moistest this summer!
We have lots of other barbecue-friendly recipes in our nutrition blog. Simply click on any of the titles below that you fancy!
Reggae Reggae Chicken Baguettes
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 kg chicken legs (with skin and bone)
- ¼ onion (finely chopped)
- ½ tsp. of ground cloves
- ½ tsp. of ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp. of allspice
- 1 tbsp. of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. of honey
- 1tsp dried thyme
- 50ml olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 small red chilli (deseeded and finely chopped)
- Pinch of salt
Rice and peas:
- 300g of white rice
- ½ an onion (chopped)
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- 1 tin red kidney beans (drained)
- Fresh thyme to taste
- 1 tsp. of olive oil
- To make jerk marinade put all the marinade ingredients in a blender and blitz until it forms a smooth paste.
- Massage the jerk into the meat, then allow to marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour (preferably overnight if possible).
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place the chicken in an ovenproof dish and cook in the oven for about 35-45 minutes (or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked).
- In the meantime fry the onion in a deep pot over medium heat until soft. Add the rice and continue to fry for further 2-3 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and 275ml water into a pan and bring to boil, then immediately set to the low heat. Secure the lid and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add red kidney beans and fresh thyme to the pot and cook for further 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let the rice sit for 10 minutes.
- Serve the chicken with the rice and peas and green salad if desired
- Calories: 600
- Protein: 43g
- Carbs: 44g
- Fats: 44g
We hope you enjoy our Jerk Chicken Recipe as much as we did, and remember to follow us and post your workouts, progress and meals on Instagram, and use the hashtags #LDNMuscle and #LDNM so we can see your lovely creations, repost some and spread the LDNM Community far and wide!