Try making this super easy and delicious meal – our Lean Chilli and Wild Rice Recipe!
Check out more recipes you can make with beef by clicking on any of the meal titles below:
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 500g extra lean beef mince
- One tin of Italian chopped tomatoes
- Small tin of red kidney beans
- Handful of button mushrooms
- 2 cloves of garlic (diced)
- 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons of tomato puree
- 1 small onion
- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 200g of wild rice (or your preferred rice)
- Dice the onion to preferred size and finely chop the cloves of garlic. Place a large pan on a medium heat and add a little olive oil, allow to heat for a few minutes before adding the onion and garlic.
- Once onion and garlic have started to brown, add the mince to the pan and cook gently until the meat has browned over and drain the mixture.
- Add a teaspoon of tomato pure, the chilli powder & paprika to the mix and cook gently for a few more minutes before adding drained kidney beans and chopped mushrooms. Stri and heat through
- Add tinned tomatoes and cook on a medium heat to low heat until the mixture starts to simmer. Leave for 30 mins, stirring occasionally, adding the chilli flakes around 10 mins before serving and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Around 10-15 mins before serving, add the wild rice to boiling water and cook as packet advises.
- Garnish with cheese and parsley if desired.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 330
- Protein: 32g
- Carbs: 38g
- Fats: 6g