STUFFED PITTA with CHICKPEAS RECIPE! This is the perfect simple and healthy vegan food for entertaining, and for lunchboxes! 😍
Check out some of our other vegan recipes below:
INGREDIENTS (makes 4 servings):
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 small red pepper bell (diced)
- To serve:
- 4 wholemeal pita with pockets
- 1-2 handfuls chopped lettuce
- 2 tbsp hummus to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- In a medium bowl, combine minced garlic with all spices.
- Add in the olive oil and stir until paste has formed.
- Stir in the chickpeas, red onions, and red pepper, using a spatula to toss and coat.
- Transfer chickpeas to a roasting pan and cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes until chickpeas are hot
- and onions are tender.
- Slice each pita in half and heat the pita until just warm enough they are pliable. Open the pocket and
- spread hummus in each with a knife. Follow with a handful of lettuce and 1/4 of the chickpea
- mixture. Repeat with remaining pita halves.
NUTRITIONAL INFO (per serving):
- Calories: 286
- Protein: 9g
- Carbs: 36g
- Fat: 9g
Remember to follow us and post your workouts, progress and meals on Instagram, and use the hashtags #LDNMuscle and #LDNM so we can see your lovely creations, repost some and spread the LDNM Community far and wide!