Try our Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry Recipe, which is ideal for entertaining, and for food prep.
Check out more of our high animal protein recipes by clicking on any of the meal titles below:
Ingredients (makes 4 servings):
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil (or any cooking oil)
- 1 batch teriyaki sauce (see below)
- Optional toppings: toasted sesame seeds, thinly-sliced green onions
- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 200g broccoli
- 100g green beans
- 200g shirataki noodles
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and minced)
- 2 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 tablespoon of mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 2 tablespoon of rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- Season the chicken with a few generous pinches of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large sauté pan or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink on the inside.
- Meanwhile, as the chicken is cooking, prepare your teriyaki sauce (whisk all ingredients together until combined)
- Once the chicken is almost ready to go, add vegetables (onion, peppers, broccoli and beans) and stir fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add shirataki noodles and stir fry for further 2 minutes
- Pour the teriyaki sauce over it, then toss to combine until evenly coated.
- Continue cooking until the sauce reaches a simmer and thickens.
- Remove from heat, and serve immediately
- Garnished sesame seeds
Nutritional Information (serves 4):
- Calories: 300
- Protein: 21g
- Carbs: 45g
- Fat: 5g