Check out this quick, simple and effective Upper Body Stretching Routine, which you can use to help improve your muscle flexibility! Static stretching is great to use after your cardio or weights training workouts, to help maintain and even improve your overall conditioning, which in turn will lead to better performance and results!
You will find that with consistent static and dynamic stretches, after and before your workouts, the session intensity and efficacy both improve steadily. For some upper body workouts, simply click on the workout titles below!
View this post on Instagram
Upper Body Stretching Routine! Ft. @MB_LDNM Tag your least flexible friend in the comments! 😁📲 . 1.) Chest & Shoulder Stretch 2.) Trap Stretch 3.) Back/Front Rockers 4.) Lat Stretch 5.) Lower Back/Hip Stretch 6.) Lower Back Stretch 7.) Chest/Shoulder/Bicep Stretch 8.) Chest/Shoulder/Bicep/Forearm Stretch 9.) Forearm Stretch 10.) Mid-back Stretch . • Hold each stretch for around 20 seconds, or for 3 full breaths in and out. • You may complete each stretch twice, or the routine twice through, if time allows you to! • You can add stretches to this routine, and adapt it to your preferences. . Start your Transformation NOW at www.LDNMuscle.com 📈 . #LDNMuscle #LDNM #Stretching #Flexibility #Mobility
Upper Body Stretching Routine:
- Chest and Shoulder Stretch
- Trapezius Stretch
- Anterior and Posterior Rockers
- Back Stretch
- Lower Back and Hip Stretch
- Lower Back Stretch
- Chest, Shoulder and Bicep Stretch
- Chest, Shoulder, Bicep and Forearm Stretch
- Forearm Stretch
- Mid-back Stretch
How to Perform an Effective Static Stretch:
- Assume a position that is around an 8/10 when we assume 10 to be the absolute limit of your muscle groups being subjected to this stretch.
- Settle into this position, before breathing in and out slowly 3 times through.
- Switch sides and repeat on the other leg via the same method.
- If you have time, repeat the stretches again on both sides, but this time try and increase the initial stretch position from the outset, before following the same 3 breath cycle!
How Often Should I Stretch?
We would suggest stretching at least every other day, and perhaps more if you exercise daily. This routine only takes around 5 minutes, so you can even do it whilst watching TV or waiting for your food to cook. You can even combine it with something else you do each day, like deep breathing exercises (which I find really help the effectiveness of these stretches compared to counting anyway!).
Our market-leading Transformation Guides can be found by clicking on any of the images below. These have full workout programmes, which include dynamic stretches, priming movements and static stretches, among masses of other unbeatable content. Don’t accept any imitators; choose the best, and achieve your best results, with #TeamLDNM