Our Vegan Pizza Recipe is an absolute cracker – so what better day to publish it than World Vegan Day?!
This vegan pizza recipe delivers a great amount of macro and micronutrients; ideal for anyone looking to up their protein intake in a healthy, delicious and more ethical way!
The LDNM transformation guides work for vegans too. Check out vegan Daniel’s 12kg muscle gain with our Bulking Bible!
Check out some of our other vegan recipes below:
Vegan Pizza Topping:
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground mustard
- Pinch of salt & black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 1 pre-made pizza dough (or see the recipe below)
- 1 can chickpeas washed and drained
- 2 tbsp. passata
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 tsp pesto
- Handful of rocket salad
Vegan Pizza Dough:
- 1 tsp active yeast
- 125 ml warm water
- 1 tbsp flour
- 150g white or a combination of white and whole wheat flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano or other herbs
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
Vegan Pizza Dough:
- In a bowl, mix warm water, yeast and 1 tbsp flour. Let it sit for a few minutes to activate.
- Add the flour, salt, herbs and garlic and olive oil and mix in. Add another 3 tbsp flour and mix in. Get your hands in there to mix and knead for a few seconds into a soft slightly sticky dough. (Add another tbsp flour if needed). Gather the dough into a ball and let it sit for 15 minutes in a warm place.
- Add 1/2 tsp oil over the dough and spread with your hands. Gather the dough into a ball and place on parchment lined sheet.
- Use a bit of flour to spread the dough into a 13 to 14 inch size oval. Spread it depending on how thick or thin you want the crust to be. Keep the edges thicker than the center.
Creating your Vegan Pizza:
- Mix all the spices really well.
- Drain the chickpeas and transfer to a bowl. Add garlic, onion, salt and olive oil to the chickpeas and toss well to coat. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F / 220ºc. Shape the pizza crust. Spread the crust to about 14 inch size to make a thin crust large pizza. Brush with passata and olive oil. Spread the spices mix and chickpeas mix.
- Place sliced onions on top. Drizzle some of the pesto. Bake for 18 minutes/180C.
- Garnish with rocket salad. Drizzle some pesto, slice and serve.
Nutritional Information (per Vegan Pizza):
- Calories: 950
- Protein: 40g
- Fats: 20g
- Carbs: 160g
Remember to follow us and post your workouts, progress and meals on Instagram, and use the hashtags #LDNMuscle and #LDNM so we can see your lovely creations, repost some and spread the LDNM Community far and wide!
We at LDNM Muscle Ltd hope you enjoy the inspired and fun recipes featured on our website, https://https://ldnmuscle.com (the “Website”). LDNM Muscle Ltd is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe you try from the Website or any website linked to from this site. Recipes may not achieve desired results due to variations in elements such as ingredients, cooking temperatures, typos, errors, omissions, or individual cooking ability. You should always use your best judgement when cooking with raw ingredients such as eggs, chicken, or seafood and seek expert advice before beginning if you are unsure.
You should always take care when using sharp knives or other cooking implements. To ensure the safety of yourself and others, be aware of heated cooking surfaces while cooking. Please review all ingredients prior to trying a recipe in order to be fully aware of the presence of substances which might cause an adverse reaction in some consumers. Recipes available on the Website may not have been formally tested by us or for us and we do not provide any assurances nor accept any responsibility or liability with regard to their originality, quality, nutritional value, or safety. Unless otherwise stated, the recipes featured on the Website are not endorsed by any other companies/organization or their affiliates.