Another #MeatFreeMonday uber-delicious meal, our Vegan Sweet Potato Curry Recipe.
We have lots more healthy, tasty, simple vegan and vegetarian friendly recipes on our blog, and a few can be found below:
Our Transformation Programmes are fully comprehensive, covering all your training and nutritional needs, and are totally compatible with vegan and vegetarian lifestyles too!
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 120g split yellow peas
- 1 medium sweet potato (peeled and diced)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. garam masala spice
- 1 litre of vegetable stock
- 100ml coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onion, garlic and ginger for 2-3 minutes until soft and fragrant.
- Add the curry powder and spices and cook for 1 minute then add the stock and spilt peas, simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the sweet potato and simmer a further 15-20 minutes until the peas and potato are tender.
- Stir through the coconut milk and season to taste.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and chilli flakes if desired.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 250
- Protein: 4g,
- Carbs: 43g
- Fats: 7g
We hope you enjoy our Vegan Chickpea Curry Recipe as much as we did, and remember to follow us and post your workouts, progress and meals on Instagram, and use the hashtags #LDNMuscle and #LDNM so we can see your lovely creations, repost some and spread the LDNM Community far and wide!